TYPES OF WOUNDING:
- Intrusive wounding – Wounds that are committed against you (i.e. sexual, physical, emotional abuse.
- Non-intrusive wounding – Wounds that are of omission such as neglect.
Physical – food, nutrition
Psychological – purpose, significance, work
This restoration begins first with restoring our relationship and intimacy with God. Start recovery where the presenting problem is. Sexual addiction penetrates down to our wounded spirit (core needs).
- We must commit to step 1 100%.
- The lie from Satan resides in step 1. It must be completely exposed.
Dirt – Things I have control over
Seeds – wounding
Trees – beliefs
Fruit – behavior
- Cut the trees eliminate the fruit.
- Pull the roots eliminate the beliefs.
- Fill the chasm from pulled roots with healthy behaviors.
- Detox (stop the addictive behaviors)
- Address disorders
- Expose barriers and/or compulsions
- Gain awareness
- Begin to shut/tear down barriers
- Address core needs Identifying False Beliefs
- What am I feeling?
- Why am I feeling this?
- What do I believe about myself?
- What is true?
- What do I need?
- How do I get my need met legitimately?
CREATE HEALTHY RITUALS
- Start and end day with God
- Utilize your men of grace (accountability)
- Spend time with family
- Spend time with spouse (if married)